When getting a tooth extraction, plan ahead. Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any affairs that can arise. Additionally, make sure to stop any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery, to ensure the highest chance of success and to lower any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are some common treatment options for healing after a tooth extraction:
– With most cases, the anesthesia will make eating or drinking difficult, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
– Swelling is common in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to lessen inflammation.
– If any complications should happen during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Listen to the recommendations laid out by your dentist and follow them as instructed.
– Take any medications exactly as prescribed by your dentist and should any extreme pain persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Get plenty of rest and avoid all varieties of strenuous labor and exercise so that your body has a chance to heal.
If you have any missing teeth or have recently undergone a tooth extraction, it is in your best interest to have them replaced as soon as possible. Dr. Martin Trockel and our team at Spartan Family Dentistry will help you with your oral health care in any way we can. If you would like to schedule a visit to our dentist office in Bixby, Oklahoma, please call us at 918-366-3777. We look forward to hearing from you soon!