Are you prepared for a spectacular smile in the coming years? Have you established a firm oral health care routine to ensure risks are minimized, and cleaning habits are optimized? If not, here are a few tips to help keep your smile in optimum condition.
– Try eating a healthy and nutritious diet that includes all five main food groups.
– Consider using different cleaning utensils such as mouthwash daily.
– Make an effort to floss at least once per day.
– Avoid unhealthy products that can severely hinder your oral health, including smoking and chewing tobacco.
– After eating, try to use an effective cleaning tool to help limit the damage of harmful acids.
– Frequently attend oral health care checkups and examinations with your dentist.
– Always make sure that when brushing your teeth to also brush your tongue, ideally with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
– Avoid between-meal snacks, as they can increase the rate at which tooth decay occurs.
– Try to avoid products and medications that can promote dry mouth, a known cause of gum disease and other oral ailments.
No matter which oral health care treatment you desire, Dr. Martin Trockel and our team at Spartan Family Dentistry will care for your smile with procedures that can save your smile. To book an oral exam, routine checkup, or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Bixby, Oklahoma, please contact us at 918-366-3777.