If you are suffering from bad breath, it could be simply from the foods you’re eating. However, if it continues to return even after using mouthwash or other temporary treatments, it may be linked to an underlying condition in the body. Thus, you should always monitor the status of any bad breath you have and take the necessary steps to prevent and eliminate it. Here are some helpful options to remember:
– Underlying ailments deep within the body are frequently known to cause bad breath. This includes liver issues, kidney problems, and respiratory tract infections.
– Medications you’re taking can drastically increase your risk for halitosis and even produce it as a side effect.
– Plaque buildup in your mouth is a known cause for bad breath.
– Tooth prosthetics such as dentures can lead to bad breath if they are not cleaned properly.
– If you suffer from periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, you are at an increased risk for bad breath.
– If you have poor oral hygiene and routinely eat unhealthy foods, bacteria in your mouth can begin to pool and lead to bad breath.
– Exercise caution with the foods you eat and the drinks you drink, as well as with your lifestyle habits. Garlic, onions, coffee, and smoking tobacco are all known causes of bad breath.
We are here to help rebuild and repair your smile. To schedule a halitosis treatment procedure at Spartan Family Dentistry with Dr. Martin Trockel and our team in Bixby, Oklahoma, you can give us a call at 918-366-3777.